Thursday, January 5, 2012

MV Round Up

The week between Christmas and New Years was blissfully spent on Martha's Vineyard visiting Cousin Judy.  She is technically my mother's cousin but we have formed a very close bond and a relationship that is very close to my heart (and stomach).  You see, Judy can kick some a$$ in the kitchen.   She will never say that something she made tastes great.  Maybe that is her secret? She is always looking to perfect what she has done.   I love getting into the kitchen with Judy and asking her questions,  picking up her techniques and just basically getting under her feet---I am sure she loves this.

Judy cooked up a storm for us: Chicken Cordon Blue, Linguini with White Clam Sauce, Stuffed Pork Chops, Filet of Cod, Roast Chicken...every night was something better than the night before.   Even her salads are savory with these tasty croutons she cooks up (recipe to come in a future post).  I came home feeling like a stuffed pork chop and think my jeans might have been secretly 'taken in' while I was away because they no longer button.  Who cares? It was worth every bite and every minute spent sitting at the table laughing, telling stories and goofing off.

Spending time away from the city was just what the doctor ordered to tie up the holiday season. Reading, running,  napping, playing games with family, movie watching...Oh, did I mention, eating?

Here is a little montage of what my phone captured while we were there.  


Menemsha Beach 


Ferry Chowder  


Chicken Cordon Bleu 


Roadside Chickens 
(none of these chickens were harmed in the making of any meals)


Clambelly Road - I need to live here...



and eat this Linguine with White Clam Sauce 


Row Boat Christmas Tree 


Exercise for the day - stacking firewood 

How was your holiday season?  Cook up anything you'd like to share?  Email me, craig@blockislandseafood.com.

Cheers!
Craig
www.blockislandseafood.com

PS-One of my resolutions is to become a better blogger.  Please be sure to hold me to it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had an amazing time! Happiest new year year to you 2012 is your year! Thanks for taking us with you on your journey. I will hold you to your Resolution

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Block Island Seafood Company (BISCO) helps fellow seafood enthusiasts enjoy the gifts of summer in their own homes all year long. BISCO will leave your family and friends with a memorable experience beyond the traditional catered gathering by providing a dynamic chef and extraordinary cuisine. Block Island, RI (41°09'N 71°33'W) is a small island that sits in the Atlantic Ocean between Rhode Island and Montauk Point, NY. For many years it has been a vacation spot for me and my family, and now I’d like to bring Block Island to your dinner table.