Monday, February 6, 2012

Newport, RI - The Mooring



This past weekend BISCo. took a trip to Rhode Island and it was just what the doctor ordered.   One of the many delights of the weekend included a visit to The Mooring in Newport.   After a nice scenic drive looking at some rather large homes, we treated ourselves to drinks and nibbles at The Mooring.  The design was clean, nautical, and classic and the bartenders were honest, helpful, and friendly.   I knew it would be a good spot once I walked through the door. 




Our group shared a delicious local cheese plate (with real honeycomb--a first for me),  calamari with banana peppers and olives, and a bag of doughnuts which were lobster, crab, and shrimp fritters with chipotle-maple aïoli.   There wasn't a morsel left.   The clam chowder was perfectly creamy and hearty.   Drinks were great and my company couldn't have been beat.  The view of the water wasn't bad either.  


If you are ever in Newport I recommend a stop here.  









Cheers, 
Craig 
www.blockislandseafood.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Block Island Seafood Company (BISCO) helps fellow seafood enthusiasts enjoy the gifts of summer in their own homes all year long. BISCO will leave your family and friends with a memorable experience beyond the traditional catered gathering by providing a dynamic chef and extraordinary cuisine. Block Island, RI (41°09'N 71°33'W) is a small island that sits in the Atlantic Ocean between Rhode Island and Montauk Point, NY. For many years it has been a vacation spot for me and my family, and now I’d like to bring Block Island to your dinner table.