Saturday, March 17, 2012

Nana's Soda Bread

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone from BISCo. headquarters. 


I would like to share with you a very special recipe from my Nana's kitchen.  Nana was a great cook who loved to show her family love by preparing meals and opening her home to everyone.  One tidbit, I never once saw her wear a pair of pants-dresses and skirts only for this lady.  One of Nana's specialties was Irish Soda Bread.  I would like to share this with you today and may you have the luck of the Irish in making it.  




Nana's Irish Soda Bread 
Ingredients: 
4 cups all purpose flour
3 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
3 oz sugar
3/4 cup raisins
2 cups buttermilk


Mix all dry ingredients then add the buttermilk. Kneed into a dough. Form a loaf and bake at
350 for one hour.   Enjoy with some butter and a strong cup of tea.  



Cheers! 
Craig 
www.blockislandseafood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Block Island Seafood Company (BISCO) helps fellow seafood enthusiasts enjoy the gifts of summer in their own homes all year long. BISCO will leave your family and friends with a memorable experience beyond the traditional catered gathering by providing a dynamic chef and extraordinary cuisine. Block Island, RI (41°09'N 71°33'W) is a small island that sits in the Atlantic Ocean between Rhode Island and Montauk Point, NY. For many years it has been a vacation spot for me and my family, and now I’d like to bring Block Island to your dinner table.