Friday, February 5, 2010

Snow? Not in the summer.

Tomorrow is one of the reasons I started BISCo. They're predicting 3-6 inches of snow for tomorrow and I will be putting on a demonstration on how to open clams. What screams summer more than a cold beer and clams on the half shell? I know AB and I love our clams on the half shell on a hot day, so tomorrow while I am looking out the window at a snowy day, I'll be thinking about clams with AB on a hot summer day and I'll be all but transported to August.

It's a private demo tomorrow with clams on the half shell, mussels, the BISCo crab cake and then our pan seared sea scallops with a citrus burre blanc. It may say 30 degrees on the thermometer, but it will be summer time tomorrow in Flushing, Queens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Block Island Seafood Company (BISCO) helps fellow seafood enthusiasts enjoy the gifts of summer in their own homes all year long. BISCO will leave your family and friends with a memorable experience beyond the traditional catered gathering by providing a dynamic chef and extraordinary cuisine. Block Island, RI (41°09'N 71°33'W) is a small island that sits in the Atlantic Ocean between Rhode Island and Montauk Point, NY. For many years it has been a vacation spot for me and my family, and now I’d like to bring Block Island to your dinner table.