Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday Tips: Fish Spatula

I am pretty much a guy that likes to stick to the basics. My wardrobe consists of blue jeans. I keep things until they fall apart or are stolen. I don't need much to make me happy. So when it comes to kitchen tools I like things that can serve a dual purpose, aren't crazy expensive and actually do what they say they are going to do. Enter the fish spatula. I know what you are thinking...how is a fish spatula different from a regular spatula? Well, I am not sure exactly in terms of make up. But I know that it works a hell of a lot better. The head is thin so it slides nicely under a piece of fish and delicately lifts it from the pan or dish with grace and ease. If it sounds like a bit of a dance, that is because it is. Only in this dance I look good. Real good.

So folks, here she is in all her shiny glory.


The fish spatula. I picked mine up at Williams Sonoma for around $15 clams.

What is your favorite gadget? Email me, Craig@blockislandseafood.com.

PS- Don't forget to enter the giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Block Island Seafood Company (BISCO) helps fellow seafood enthusiasts enjoy the gifts of summer in their own homes all year long. BISCO will leave your family and friends with a memorable experience beyond the traditional catered gathering by providing a dynamic chef and extraordinary cuisine. Block Island, RI (41°09'N 71°33'W) is a small island that sits in the Atlantic Ocean between Rhode Island and Montauk Point, NY. For many years it has been a vacation spot for me and my family, and now I’d like to bring Block Island to your dinner table.