Monday, June 20, 2011

'Gansett Clam Bake

As promised, I gave the 'Gansett clam bake a try. It is nice that you don't have to dig a major hole on the beach, collect rocks and seafood and eat sandy food that takes forever to cook. I didn't have all of the ingredients in-house so I fudged things a bit. For instance, I omitted the breakfast sausage and cut the quantity of everything in half. All in all, a good, solid meal that only left me with one pot to clean up. This was certainly tasty and I recommend giving it a try. I did dip my steamers in butter, well because I just like butter that much.

Ingredients:

4 small red potatoes
1/2 pound Chorizo sausage, sliced
4 breakfast sausages
4 onions, peeled
2 ears sweet corn, shucked and broken
2 bay leaves
Salt, pepper, crushed red pepper
2 quarts steamers (soft clams)
3 tablespoons chopped green onion
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 12oz can of Narragansett lager beer


Directions:
Combine potatoes, sausages, onions, lager, corn, bay leaves in large pot.
Cover with 3 quarts cold water and 'Gansett.
Season to taste with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer 20 minutes.
Add clams, cover and cook until they open, about 15 minutes.


Garnish with green onion, parsley.
Serve from the pot.


Cheers!
Craig
www.blockislandseafood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Block Island Seafood Company (BISCO) helps fellow seafood enthusiasts enjoy the gifts of summer in their own homes all year long. BISCO will leave your family and friends with a memorable experience beyond the traditional catered gathering by providing a dynamic chef and extraordinary cuisine. Block Island, RI (41°09'N 71°33'W) is a small island that sits in the Atlantic Ocean between Rhode Island and Montauk Point, NY. For many years it has been a vacation spot for me and my family, and now I’d like to bring Block Island to your dinner table.